Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chapter 6, Final Artwork Completed!


I've got a small production diary. On February 17th, 2014 I wrote this into it:

"Daniel of the future, when you are reading these lines and Chapter 6 happens to be finished, then please give yourself a nice and good slap on the back! Because right at this moment I really can't imagine to ever finish this task."

Today I've painted the last panel of Chapter 6. I know from my older blog posts that with every chapter it felt weird to have actually crossed the finish line. It's such a cut if there's no next panel to paint. And this time everything is heightened through the fact that I've never worked so long on a single chapter. My longest production until now has been Chapter 5 with 440 hours. On Chapter 6 my counter currently stands at 680 hours. And I've still got quite a bit of work to do. When the layout is finished, the cover illustration painted and the special content created, I will arrive at over 700 hours for this chapter. Over half a year will have passed since my first brushstrokes.

The next few days will be the reward for these long months of drawing and painting. There's nothing like having all the artwork at your disposal and preparing it for publishing. When I browse through all the paintings that will make up Chapter 6 I can't help to jump up and down in anticipation. I just can't wait to show them to the world. I've put SO much love and hard work into this chapter, almost more that I could handle.

I don't have a preview image for you this time as every single panel of the fifth milestone would be a spoiler to what happens towards the end of the chapter. But now you won't have to wait too long until the chapter will be published in all its glory. I still can't commit to a fixed date yet because the translations are still worked on and I also have to prepare the upcoming kickstarter campaign that's supposed to be launched together with Chapter 6. But I can assure you that I'm not wasting a single minute and that the release will happen as soon as possible.

You know, because there's no one awaiting the launch more eagerly than me!

8 comments:

  1. Great news Daniel. I am really excited to read your new masterpiece shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Can´t wait ^^
    I do the "almost finished dance" for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel,
    following on Blogger and read your great news! And then i note on the side panel further great news! Your second book is out! When did you share this news? Will immediately buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herzliche Glückwünsche! !! Kann es kaum erwarten...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear (err...read) that. I'm looking forward to read it. Regards from Turkiye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me think a little bit about preparing dinner for friends: spending hours in the kitchen, putting everything in place, nicely done... and then, within minutes, it's all gone and eaten ;) - well, yes, i didn't spend half a year to prepare that meal anyway :D
    high five!
    Ralf

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 days later I finally read the good news! Congratulations on completing the chapter Daniel. This is fantastic news for us readers :D
    I just hope I can read the chapter before heading off to France and being cut away from my internet connexion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following Wormworld Saga since the beginning. I really appreciate your work. I'm very excited to see another chapter, and to contribute to your efforts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete